Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Discouraged

I've gotten further in my project but I am getting frustrated and discouraged. I have lost the courage to continue in this project but it is too late to change now. So now what? I have pictures, a wedding certificate, divorce papers, and a birth certificate. I plan on putting these into like a collage with the wedding certificate, divorce papers, and birth certificate in the middle and the pictures in a somewhat chronological order. Can anyone give me their opinion about this or give me another idea? Thank-you

2 comments:

Lisa C. said...

Dear confused,

Don't be discouraged! It sounds like you've located important primary resources that can tell you a lot about your family history. The collage is a great idea -- but make photocopies and use them rather than the original documents. You don't want to destroy the documents in order to make the collage.

-Lisa

Daniel Hartwig said...

A collage sounds fine. One student in another class created a very nice one with a variety of items such as yours. A scrapbook or family album with annotations or written information about the items and the people is another option. This would be more portable and easier to customize or add to in the future.