Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Found Some Great Things

I really found some great pictures. My mother had stashed away. Every picture had a unique story to it. She introduced to me new people that I have never met. It to me was just a great experience to learn more about the people in your family and friends that once were and still are. I knew that my Uncle Billy was a very good ball player but i also learned that the University of Michigan's was looking at my Uncle. My Uncle was a basketball player at Cross High School. my mom kept the news paper article. It says "When he wasn't passing off, Jones was popping in jumpers and driving to the hoop and drawing fouls. As a result he went to the line 10 times and missed only once."This was from 1978. I was blown away y a lot of my finding. I came a cross my mom year book from when she attended Hill House High School. It was interesting to see how different people dressed and how that year book was put together. am really enjoying this project. I think as time goes by it will get easier and easier.........Amanda Panda

1 comment:

Molly Wheeler said...

Woo hoo, Amanda! Congratulations on your discovery of archival materials that tell stories you never even knew were there to be told. This will get easier as you go along, you're right about that. We've introduced a lot of new concepts to you and your classmates and sometimes it just takes a little while for results to emerge.